Ping-Shan Elementary School
1. Installation of photovoltaic (PV) solar power system.
2. Installation of wind power system.
3. Website for the two power systems.
1. PV solar power system
Our PV solar power system is of 2.24 kWp (kilowatt peak) capacity. Since December 15th 2009, it has generated 284 kWh (kilowatt hours) and cut CO2 emission by
2. Wind power system
The wind power system is of 2 kW (kilowatt) capacity. Wind turbines harness the power of the wind and use it to generate electricity. Since December 15th 2009, it has generated 39 kWh and is estimated to produce 1460 kWh per annum. It can save NTD 4,100 for our electricity bills and cut CO2 emission around
1. The PV solar power system can display certain information on electricity generation. Students can learn the efficiency of our system.
2. We construct a website to demonstrate our power systems and how alternative energy works in our daily life.
3. Wind Chasing & Sunlight Tracing is the theme of our eco education for our students to have a better understanding of green and sustainable energy.
The huge wind turbines on our buildings¡¦ roofs have attracted lots of attention from people passing by. They also serve as the best advertisement for our eco education and demonstrate our green efforts. Due to the two power systems on our campus, renewable energy has become observable and played an important role in our daily life. From these green experiences, we hope, sustainability can walk from our campus to students¡¦ family, and, further, into local communities arousing people¡¦s green
- Ping-Shan Elementary School
- System: Elementary
- Report year: 2009
- Area: South Taiwan
- County: Kaohsiung